Saturday, May 28, 2011

Found a new home

I joined Concordiat Corporation.

It's a small corp living in Curse NPC 0.0 space. Securias Protectorat is the founder, CEO and FC for this corp and he's why I joined.

I've been looking for somewhere in NPC 0.0 to move into for over six months. I know it shouldn't take that long to find something, but I was holding out for a great opportunity. There are lots of crappy corps in NPC 0.0 and a lot of decent ones, too. I interviewed with a few and a couple seemed like they might be a good fit.

Concordiat met all my requirements and I'm happy to be in this corp.

I had heard that NPC 0.0 was terrible space and only terrible players spend any time in NPC 0.0. I don't know how this opinion became so widespread. Syndicate, they say, is where alliances go to die. I think it's also where they go to be born. But, some don't survive their infancy and that's just exactly how it should be.

A few months ago I looked into joining an alliance connected to an older established corp based in Solitude. I dodged a bullet on that one. After a few weeks of confused moves and awful defeats it folded. As I was looking around for a home I joined a number of recruiting chat channels and saw names from the failed Syndicate alliance in a couple of those channels. I wish those guys the best of luck finding a good home.

I found some luck.